Monday, July 14, 2014

I FINISHED IT!!!!

  After a year and almost a month of writing, I've finally finished this book. WOW. From June 20th, 2013 til July 14th, 2014 I have been writing day and [mostly] night, and now I am finished.
  But! Now I need to revise, edit, and proofread. Fun? Sure, but the writing process was more fun. I don't know how long it will take for me to do it but I have a darned feeling that I'll be starting on the 4th book before I do that. I don't know.
  My original plan was to read an entire book, but I might surprise myself. (I've had reader's block for four years ever since I hatched from writers' block and I have yet to see if I'm going to break from it.)
  My options:

  • Read a book(s)
  • Revise, edit, proofread G3:DF
  • Start writing G4:O
  • All of the above (or two)
Why read a book(s):

  1. I'm ashamed to admit that I really haven't read too many books. Most of the ones I recall reading are children's books, which is funny (and not) because here I am 22 and... uh, so yeah. *Ahem* It's kind of a miracle that I got so much better at writing (I was terrible at it when I was 13) within two years. I guess it's because I've always kind of had it in me, being a big daydreamer and having wild "sleepdreams" and all.
  2. The only big names in fantasy I've read really are just Paolini and Nix.
  3. I have not read the Harry Potter series. Shame on me. I plan on reading them all.
  4. I want to read a book.
Why revise, edit, and proofread "G3:DF":

  1. It would almost be better to do that than get distracted with another story, as then I'd lose the feel of G3:DF and keep thinking about the other story.
  2. I want to do this. There are things I really, really, really want to fix/do, first.
Why start "G4:O":
  1. Since I ended "G3:DF", I know what happens next. ("G4:O" begins straight off the ending of "G3:DF".)
  2. I'm excited and impatient, which is probably not the best thing.
  Okay! I've decided! (Haha, you just saw the way I make decisions when I'm not compulsive and without a computer. I make my best decisions in this way.) I'll read a book AND revise, etc. I'm not sure how that'll play out, but I'll do both at different times of the day and/or on different days. 
  
  Lol You should have seen my happy dance when I finished the book today. Too bad my camera got destroyed when my mom fell in a 3-foot hole full of water and seaweed [at the beach] last week or I would've recorded it for you. Oh well. 
  Party time! This is what I was happy-dancing to:
http://youtu.be/ircIECJ-NyM








No comments:

Post a Comment